Founded in 1930 by John T. and Helen M. Donohue, Donohue Funeral Home is the oldest family-owned and operated funeral establishment in London, Ontario.
Relocated to its present location on the southeast corner of Waterloo Street and King Street in 1952, the family’s vision was to grow in order to accommodate the community’s families and their individual needs.
John T. and Helen’s son J. Dennis entered into the family business in 1961 and became president upon the death of his father in 1966.
Undergoing extensive renovations in 1970, a large visitation room/chapel as well as a lounge were added in order to better serve families and to accommodate their growing needs.
Dennis’ eldest son John obtained his funeral directors license in 1992, while younger son Patrick joined the firm in 1996. Adapting to the needs of the area, further expansion of the facility was completed in 1998 ensuring a spacious and comfortable environment for visitation and funeral services.
An extensive remodeling of the establishment's interior was completed in May of 2012.